NH Oil Undercoating
At Lou's Custom Exhaust of Plymouth and Quincy we are doing undercar coating using NH Oil Undercoating. Give us a call to discuss pricing and availability 617-773-6500.
Quiet Exhaust Repairs
Lou's is not just about performance. We offer a full line of quiet replacement mufflers for all vehicle makes and models at much lower prices than the competition. This includes services such as diagnosing a check engine light, replacing catalytic converters, manifold work, flex pipe repairs, and more.
At Lou’s Custom Exhaust of Hyannis, Hanover, Plymouth, Quincy, and Westport we do more than just exhaust work We also do brake work along with tune-ups, struts, and other under car repairs. We give free brake inspections and our technicians find your brakes need attention we can usually fix it the same day Here is some information about our brake services You know us for Muffler Repairs, but we also do Struts, Brakes, Tune Ups and lot more.
LED Lighting Kits:
Starting in the spring of 2017 we will be offering installs of LED lighting kits at our Plymouth Location!
We are going to start installing LED lighting kits for vehicles made by HEISE. Here are some links to what is available.
We will be installing remote car starters by Fortin starting in the Spring of 2017 at our Plymouth location.
Fortin Electronic Systems is born from a real desire to build products and solutions that will help vehicle aftermarket electronic installers to perform easier and faster installations. Over the last decade, our dedication to innovation combined with our strong expertise in multi-level car integration drove us to deliver the most reliable and cost-effective interface and remote starter platforms on the market. Today, with the evolution of connected vehicles a new era is on the horizon and our team embraces the challenge of setting the bar in fast installations.
Here is a link to some of their kits: Fortin Remote Starters
To ensure car manufacturers meet the expectations of the mainstream customer, many of today's cars leave the factory with low-velocity, ultra-quiet exhaust systems. As a result, exhaust flow (along with power and torque) is restricted. But our performance exhaust systems release this stranglehold on your engine. By using tested and tried brands of mufflers to free up the flow, our exhausts systems unleash the power and optimize your cars performance.
What's more, you will get to work with us to pick your exhaust note. With over a decade helping select a sound for customers we typically know, right from the start, what muffler is going to make you happy. However sometimes we are wrong. To avoid the situation where once we start it you don’t like it we actually will dry fit the muffler on the car and start it so you can hear it, before it is welded in. We also offer full stainless steel in our systems, if you want, and any kind of polished stainless tip you want to help make the vehicle look better.
What is done in a tune up:
- The air filter and fuel filter will become less efficient over time and need replacing.
- The spark plug electrodes will wear down and need replacing. Sometimes the wires or coils will go bad and also need replacing.
- Because of oil vapors produced by the positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) system, the throttle body and fuel system will need to be cleaned and/or de-carbonized
- Occasionally Oxygen (02) sensors will go bad and need a replacement. These decide how much fuel/air goes into your motor and will give you a check engine light when they go bad.
The vast majority of the time, there are no adjustments needed (or possible), because the engine computer controls all the functions of the ignition and fuel system. The "tune-up" is often part of a large 30,000 / 60,000 / 90,000 mile service that includes inspections, and fluid and filter changes. These services are part of the manufacturer's recommended scheduled maintenance detailed in the owner's manual.
The modern vehicle should not exhibit any performance problems by the time a tune-up is due. If there are any performance problems, usually a Check Engine Light will illuminate, indicating that the vehicle needs some attention because it is not running properly and is polluting the air.
Read more on tune ups - What is a “Tune Up” all about
Cold Air Intakes
Cold air intakes are a fairly inexpensive modification (typically $400 installed parts and labor) and easier to install than most other engine modifications. No, they won't add quite as much power as other engine mods, but they will help your engine in some other ways.
Think of a factory air intake system as like having a cold that clogs up your head and restricts your breathing. Now go running. It's not going to work very well is it? A cold air intake is like amazing medicine that allows your engine to finally breath.
Cold air intakes move the air filter outside of the engine compartment so that cooler air can be sucked into the engine for combustion. Cooler air brings more oxygen (denser air) into the combustion chamber and that means more power. The filters are usually moved to the upper wheel well area or near a fender where there is more access to free flowing, cooler air and less hot air from the engine.
We install many brands but prefer the K&N intake kits above the rest. They always fit well and provide dyno chart results of their intake on each car so you know exactly how much power you are gaining.
Other Performance Modifications
At Lou’s in Hyannis, Hanover, Quincy, Plymouth, and Westport we also do other performance modifications. These include:
- Computer Chip Reprogrammers: These units will plug into your car’s computer (OBD2) port and allow us to reflash the computer’s memory with a new map that allows for more power from your vehicle. Sometimes these units, especially the ones by Bullydog, will allow you to alter how the vehicle shifts as well (if it is an automatic)
- Peformance Brakes: We offer cross drilled and/or slotted rotors to help increase stopping peformance on your vehicle. We also can pair these with ceramic, peformance, brake pads for the ulitmate bolt on braking improvement
- Headers: We also install high flow headers on many vehicles. We must keep the factory emissions devices on the vehicle when we do this so typically we go with what are called “Shorty Headers” which retain the OEM emissions system (catalytic converters)
- Throttle Body Spacers: These go between the throttle body and the intake manifold and are typically used to increase the low end power (torque) of the vehicle.
- Mandrel kits: For the maximum in exhaust flow we can get and install mandrel kits from many manufacturers. This is particularly recommended for high boost turbo applications.
Build Your Own Burger
At Lou’s of Hanover, Hyannis, Quincy, Plymouth, and Westport we don’t mind working with you to help install your own parts either. Our labor rates are very fair by the hour and we actually typically bill based on the type of job. This keeps you from getting hit with an unexpected labor charge with any issues that might arise.